- Ancient Egyptians felt scarab beetles represented the sun god. Can you find one?
- See the baboons on either side of the scarab? They are in an adoration position. Look under the baboons' feet; notice they're standing in a boat.
- Beneath the boat, see those ‘herringbone’ lines? They're water.
- Find the hieroglyphics on either side of the baboons. They spell out the name Osiris.
- At the top, you'll find the wings of Isis.
- This pectoral was a protective amulet that represented renewal or rebirth.
ACTIVITY: Ancient Egypt Coloring Page: Scarab Pectoral
Do you need a hieroglyphics chart to help with your homework projects, for school classroom activities, to accompany a worksheet, or to de...
The King known as Pharaoh Narmer Exact details about King Narmer are sometimes vague and lost or confused in the mists of time. He...
DID ANCIENT EGYPTIANS BURY SLAVES INSIDE THEIR PHARAOHS' TOMBS?
There are two hieroglyphic symbols for the letter A. See how they differ, and which symbol is used for which sound. Pyramids, obelisks...
King Tut's Burial Chamber Have you ever wondered what explorers found when they opened up an Egyptian tomb? Read on and you...
Ancient Egyptian Wigs We put together this list of 10 facts to answer your most pressing questions about these amazing historical art...
Where is Egypt? Where are the pyramids? Are the pyramids and tombs in the same place? Here are the answers to your 3 most popular geogra...
Egyptian Scarab Amulet Why were scarab amulets important to ancient Egyptians? Scarab beetles symbolized eternal life and rebir...
Copyright Scott Peters