- Ancient Egyptians felt scarab beetles represented the sun god. Can you find one?
- See the baboons on either side of the scarab? They are in an adoration position. Look under the baboons' feet; notice they're standing in a boat.
- Beneath the boat, see those ‘herringbone’ lines? They're water.
- Find the hieroglyphics on either side of the baboons. They spell out the name Osiris.
- At the top, you'll find the wings of Isis.
- This pectoral was a protective amulet that represented renewal or rebirth.
ACTIVITY: Ancient Egypt Coloring Page: Scarab Pectoral
Do you need a hieroglyphics chart to help with your homework projects, for school classroom activities, to accompany a worksheet, or to de...
King Tut's Burial Chamber Have you ever wondered what explorers found when they opened up an Egyptian tomb? Read on and you...
Amazing mysteries surround the timeline of Cleopatra's life and death, and some massive scandals, too. Read on to learn more!
Click maze now to download and print Print to solve this pyramid maze! NEXT: Want to know some super interesting facts abou...
Where is Egypt? Where are the pyramids? Are the pyramids and tombs in the same place? Here are the answers to your 3 most popular geogra...
Egyptian Scarab Amulet Why were scarab amulets important to ancient Egyptians? Scarab beetles symbolized eternal life and rebir...
Pyramid and Sphinx Pyramids vs. Tombs What is the difference between an Egyptian pyramid and an Egyptian tomb?
We've put together a crossword puzzle using the gods of ancient Egypt. To play, click on the link or the image below. It will take ...
Copyright Scott Peters