- Understand and identify cultural differences between the lives of ancient Egyptians and those of modern times.
- Examine the challenges of a bartering economy
- Participate in active writing activities
- Demonstrate comprehension through experiential response
- Who Am I In Ancient Egypt? Printables
- Students will use the materials to write opinion pieces on topics and support their point of view with reasons.
- Students will engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners, building on others' ideas and expressing their own clearly.
- Students will pose and respond to to specific questions to clarify or follow up on information, and make comments that contribute to the discussion and link to the remarks of others.
(Note: to conserve paper, activity pages 1-4 may be printed double-sided)