Goal: To be able to identify four (4) primary figures from Egyptian mythology
Method: Students will:
- Study each picture and use online research to learn the names of the four figures
- Write the name of each deity in the box provided in the worksheet
- Write a short description of the powers attributed to each
- Hint: Look at the head of each deity. What you see there will provide you with some great clues.
- Gods and Goddesses Worksheet
- Internet access
- Pen or pencil
- Students who perform this task in groups will have the opportunity for discussion.
- Alternatively, students can do the assignment individually, and a class discussion can be entered into when the worksheets are complete.
- The myths surrounding each god or goddess
- The familial relationships, if any, between each one
- How these mythological beings were regarded by ancient Egyptians in daily life
- What effects these deities had on people's attitudes at the time
- Their use in household shrines, as well as in temples
- How they compare to other pantheons, such as Greek and Roman gods
To get started, students may use this fast reference link showing Egypt's pantheon. It will allow them to identify the deities in the worksheet. Here is the link: bit.ly/Egods
Hint: Look at the head of each deity. What you see there will provide you with some great clues.