|King Tut's golden death mask (photo: Steve Evans)|
1. How Much is King Tut's casket worth?
Over 13 million dollars.
2. Why was King Tut called the boy king?
4. How many chariots did King Tut own?
|A replica of one of King Tut's chariots|
5. How were King Tut's feet pampered when he went to the grave?
Each one of his toes was individually wrapped in a tube of gold.
6. Was Tutankhamen divinely protected?
Maybe! Is it possible he survived until today is because he was wearing 143 amulets or magic charms in his mummy wrappings?
7. What made King Tut's sandals special?
The soles of his sandals were painted with images of his enemies so that he could stomp on them wherever he went.
8. Was King Tut buried in a pyramid?
No. King Tut was actually buried far south of the pyramids, in a hidden tomb located in a place called the Valley of the Kings. (Read 16 fun facts about the Great Pyramid!)
Tutankhamen's tomb contained so many items that cataloging them all took seventeen years.